[Linux-aus] Bad timing if ever I've seen it; FOSS users are *safer* than EULA-bound

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Aug 20 11:47:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:10, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 10:44, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > It's also worth noting that TSG was still offering the disputed
> > code for free and open download from their own servers as at 04
> > August. Their case has no legs.

> A copyright holder can give away its stuff to one group and sell it
> to another. That's its perogative. So, giving away something can in
> no way be regarded as an indication of lack-of-ownership.

That's not their problem. If TSG also gave it away, they can't ask IBM
for damages against any lost sales of it.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Past Committee Member, Linux Australia