[Linux-aus] Bad timing if ever I've seen it; FOSS users are *safer* than EULA-bound

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Thu Aug 19 07:12:02 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 10:44, Leon Brooks wrote:
> It's also worth noting that TSG was still offering the disputed code for free
> and open download from their own servers as at 04 August. Their case has no
> legs.

That last sentence can't possibly relate to the preceding one.
A copyright holder can give away its stuff to one group and sell it to
another. That's its perogative. So, giving away something can in no way
be regarded as an indication of lack-of-ownership.

Please note that I think the TSG case is a load of bollocks. But the
abovementioned factoid is not evidence for one party or the other.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Technical Writer, Trainer
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Brisbane 22 Nov 2004 (5 days): Using & Managing MySQL Training
Training,Support,Licenses,T-shirts @ https://order.mysql.com/?ref=marl