[Linux-aus] Question on FOSS industry sector size

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Tue Sep 23 18:38:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:33:00AM +1000, Con Zymaris wrote:
> I have the following question posed to me by a government IT policy
> staffer:
>
>  "How big is the Australian Open Source industry, both indigenous and
>  multi-national"
<snips>>
> I need your analysis and methodology by later today.

Hi Con/All,

Whilst my reply is too late to assist in this issue..

I would like to stick up the hand of LinMagAu to offer a space
to do a survey /fact finding mission with a OS/FOSS IT Prof slant if required.

We have had a fairly good response to the current user/groups type survey
we are running now..and I hope to have some interesting stats for everyone
come next issue..

The biggest "hurdle" with such info gathering :) is reaching the
people who can give good input to such endeavours..

The back end is easy to setup and the stats can be presented in a nice
webbie thing, (I am sure there are folks out there that could munge them
into something even better if required).. however
point being.. LinMagAu is a fairly well known space now, and is available
to all and any orgs that want to run fact finding projects..

Kim
--
http://www.linmagau.org