[Linux-aus] [Fwd: Microsoft "Shared Source" Seminar details]

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Tue Sep 23 07:31:22 UTC 2003

lloy0076 at adam.com.au said:
> Your answers are all good and worthy but the decision to allow and
> participate in "Shared Source" won't be made by people who would
> understand it or want to hear it.

Pardon me for giving input Lloyd, but I thought the request was for solid
and real points that someone could use in a meeting about "Shared Source" vs
"Open Source", particularly on a governmental, research or economic level.

As far as I knew, neither Stalin nor the Pope would be at this meeting.  Sorry
if I misunderstood the audience.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux(R) International

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other countries.