[Linux-aus] Constitution Fun

Robert Thomson rmt at linux.org.au
Wed Sep 17 08:15:01 UTC 2003

I recommend in 7.1 (register of members) that the register continue to
hold the mailing address of the members, as well as the email address,
and possibly other contact details (optional).  It should be a
member's responsibility to keep this information up to date, by
notifying LA.

In 8, I'm having trouble deciphering it (although get the gist).
Perhaps clean up the wording a little (and remove the double 'after'
in 8.1.b) ?

15.b. - I think we should keep the 7 days bit in.  I assume that LA
will be more organised in the future with respect to the AGM, and
members (and potential members) will be notified well in advance of
the AGM (or at least 14 days).  This delay means that candidates have
to be prepared+serious and that members have the time to find out a
little about the candidates before they're expected to vote.  Maybe
make it clear that a member only need be a member at the time of the
AGM, and may be nominated before they are a member.

16.1 - Email and mail address, and maybe other contact details.  If a
committee member drops off the Internet, you still should have a way
to reach them.  (Of course, unofficially that's the way it is atm)

20.1's amendment seems superfluous - it already says any medium, so I
don't see a need to state an electronic medium explicitly.

Of course, update the appendices for mailing address + email.

Cheers,
    Rob.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:27:33AM +1000, Pia Smith banged out: