[Linux-aus] Malaysia to "get ahead of its neighbours" in IT through OSS

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Mon Sep 1 08:44:02 UTC 2003

>/ME sits with folded hands and patient smile waiting for Jon's reaction
>to the Nippon/China/Korea item. (-:

>Cheers; Leon

I answered Leon privately, but just so he can unfold his hands and continue
typing, I will point out to the mailing list that Nippon, China and Korea have
historically not been the best of friends, and it is interesting that Free and
Open Source seems to be one item pulling them together.

On the other hand, the Asian philosophies tend to look at long term projects
with much more ease than current Europeans or people from the US, who seem to
be more focused on quarterly (or monthly) profits.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux(R) International

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other countries.