[Linux-aus] Falcon

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Thu Oct 2 04:16:03 UTC 2003

Hi Brent,

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 09:27, Brent Wallis (IS) wrote:
> .....looking down my list for a "Falcon Recruitment"...........
> ......there it is............
> ..top off the "Red Niko".....
> ..............strike out..............
>
> who would want to put their carreers in the hands of clueless
> individuals who don;t even understand the word SPAM!

Sometimes, if the origins are tracable and such, I take the effort to
try and explain things... so I tried in this case and after some initial
misunderstandings she was very understanding and apologetic. She won't
do it again, as it's clear to her now that the way she was going about
things was harming her business and its reputation in a serious way.

The reason I bother with this is that, as you say, people often don't
understand what spam is. They hear all kinds of nonsense. So, if
everybody, every once in a while, makes a little effort such as the
above, we can take educate quite a few basically goodwilling people who
were sucked in by what the email list selling nasties told them.... this
increased awareness will remove those customers from the pool, and
possible have a chain effort if they talk with others.

Of course, it doesn't always make sense to go after them like this, you
have to be very selective ;-)

Anyway that's just my2c.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Technical Writer, Trainer
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Brisbane 3 November (5 days): Using & Managing MySQL Training
Training,Support,Licenses,T-shirts @ https://order.mysql.com/?marl