[Linux-aus] Linux developer directory: anyone know of one?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Nov 4 16:32:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, David Lloyd wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:00:56 +1030
> From: David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au>
> To: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
> Cc: Linux Australia List <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Linux developer directory: anyone know of one?
>

> Bret,
>
> > > I'm seeking a developer to build a Linux database-backed web site.
> > > Would anyone know of any local directories of such developers?
> > > In anticipation, thanks, and look forward to your reply.
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Graham Lauren
> > >

> > Ah, where is local? Are you in Australia? The above message, with the
> > absence of any location in the signature, gives no indication of in
> > which state or country, you are located.
>
> I was thinking the same thing actually.
>
> But have you looked at the web-site - stickycorp.com?
>
> *hmm*
>
> DSL

Hello, David.

After seeing your message, I went to the web page, and, still have no
idea where it is located.

I thought that perhaps the page could have some functionality that was
limuted by my browser (Mozilla 1.02, running on RH Linux 7.3), so viewed
the source code. No information in that, about the web page developers,
or the company location.

Not what I regard as a well designed web page.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."