[Linux-aus] Suggestion for the 'lugs' list

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu May 29 17:46:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that the 'lug' list be turned into a private forum for
> the LA committee and LUG committees around the country, to provide:

Brad is correct as to the structure of CLUG. One possible solution is to
subscribe the CLUG list to the LUG list, but this strikes me as defeating
the purpose.

>   - A simple place for the LA ctte to get in touch with LUGs, to organise
>     country-wide initiatives, sound out sensitive issues, etc.

In the past I have offered to be a CLUG contact, but only so long as other
CLUG members remain comfortable with this. This was the case with LCA
2003. Tridge is another obvious candidate, but he gets quite busy...

> I think the most important point raised here is representation, and the
> ability for LUG cttes to approach the LA ctte in an accountable but private
> forum.

Perhaps some form of moderation for non-subscribers then? That way, a CLUG
concern can still be raised, without us seeing the rest of the content.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????