[Talk] Re: [Linux-aus] SCO position, rationale and AUUG

Chris Maltby chris at sw.oz.au
Fri May 23 08:53:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 09:26:24AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Are you sure of this?  I did some work on syslogd (a BSD program) for
> a nameless System V vendor a couple of years after the lawsuit was
> settled, and there was no BSD license in the source.  I added one, and
> it was removed again.

Well, it may only be kernel contributions that ended up being attributed.
Mine was for adding inode caching and hashed lookup in edition 6 days,
which was circulated by BSD and included into edition 7...

There was a reference to it as recently as 1998 in UnixWare, but not
a specific copyright notice.

Chris