[Linux-aus] Re: Statement on SCO

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu May 22 09:39:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 09:23, Andrae Muys wrote:
> As far as mentioning MS, I would recommend against any reference at
> all. We gain nothing from it, as the timing of the announcement was
> too blatent to miss; while any mention will be spun to our detriment
> by any MS sycophant who picks up on it.  Better to focus on the
> primary objective, discrediting SCO.

I think there is a meta-objective, "encrediting" Linux and the FOSS
process.

Although it carries some risk, I'm in favour of entangling Microsoft in
this one as long as it can be done in such a way that it is difficult
to view the mention as just another panicky whinge.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia