[Linux-aus] Re: Statement on SCO

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed May 21 22:36:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:28:54PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > ps: we wouldn't be the first ones to interweave Microsoft into this dark
> > fiasco. To whit: http://makeashorterlink.com/?R22C533A4
>
> So, it's okay for us to be as thoroughly stupid as the sensationalist press
> that has built and tugged this story for all it's worth? I would like to see
> some pretty solid evidence before sticking my nose into the conspiracy
> theorist's pie...

I think you missed the point.

I was indicating that in the minds of many industry publications (read the
headlines) Microsoft is inexorably linked into this issue. What the
trade-rags write about one day, the IT public believes the next.
Sensationalist? Perhaps. But that's the way the world works.

con