[Linux-aus] Grant Application #2

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Tue May 20 08:02:02 UTC 2003

Kim,

> :).. I shall continue to investigate doing Inc as a seperate entity.
> Then when someone comes to sue LinMagAU they can take all the assets
> away..which would amount to errmm a ream of paper I guess :)

Not necessarily--if the "directors" of an association have not acted
diligently in their duties they can be sued for their personal
belongings as well. One can get zapped if:

 * one fails to understand obvious financial misreporting
 * one fails to attempt to do something about financial misdemeanors
   - i.e. they may happen but if you can demonstrate that you saw them
     and were attempting to rectify them [but the 6 other directors all
     voted against getting an audit] then you're safe
 * other ways

DSL

--
Microbits Linux Technician