[Linux-aus] Grant Application #2

Pia Smith greebo at pacific.net.au
Mon May 19 22:11:01 UTC 2003

> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 03:31:18AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Kimberly Shelt">
> > > Of course the next thing, is finding the 5/6 folks who might be interested
> > > in being on the exec ?.. Perhaps a LA rep would be great ?
> >
> > I think that if you're seriously considering doing this, that you'd be
> > better off becoming a Special Interest Group or sub-committee or some other
> > affiliate group of Linux Australia (or another appropriate, existing
> > association).

I'd suggest keeping linmagau and Linux Australia separate is probably a
good thing, as it gives linmagau an independent view of Linux Australia
and other groups. Maybe get a few interested people together as a SIG,
LA could help to set this up and possibly help support it in other ways
(will have to evaluate), but Linux Australia would rather put in place a
system so that linmagau is not tied to the direction of Linux Australia.
We don't want to run it, or make a system that would allow future LA
committees to run it, Kim is doing a great job, and we hope to support
her in that! :)

The 3/6 month idea seems to be a good idea. Maybe commit to the funds
for 3 months, with a report from Kim at the end of that time to set up
the next 3 months, and so on.

Regards,
Pia

--