[Linux-aus] Grant Application #2

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Fri May 16 16:39:01 UTC 2003

Hi Jeremy/all,

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 05:41:53PM +1000, Jeremy Lunn wrote:
> Is Linuxmagau incorporated or planning to incorporate?  Perhaps a
> project of this scale should form an incorporated association and then
> that can receive the funds, and the association when then have to
> produce an annual report.  Of course linuxmagau could also be setup to
> be considered part of Linux Australia and a financial report could still
> be required.  Either way it's probably also a good idea to ensure anyone
> working with linuxmagau is covered, either by limited liability or
> insurance.

Please note:  LinMagAU  NOT linuxmagau :)

I am not sure what sort of liability you mean?

Basically LinMagAU is me at the back end:)
the authors are all single entities, not bound to LinMagAu in anyway,
nor is LinMagAU to the authors.. we run a standard copyright at
the footer of the pages..
**
 All logos,trademarks, articles, photographs and comments are property of the respective owner/s where shown.  All other is property of linmagau.org.  For questions regards Copyright, email legal at linmagau.org or the respective owners of the article concerned.
**
When I am writing articles using others words, I always get permission first
if someone who submits an article does not, the copyright I think covers this?
I am not sure LinMagAU as an entity is liable for any action ?

I would be grateful for any feedback on this if someone knows better.

What sort of insurance do you mean ?

Right now the mag is created by me (with the terrific assistance from the
authors of the stories) but from my house.. I am not about to sue myself
for stubbing my toe on the bed end :)

Whilst I understand incorporation and other legal company issues may
be relevant in the future, right now, we have no incoming $'s at all..
(with the exception of LA's offer which is not approved as yet).
So far no one has been paid, no one is employed by "LinMagAU"..

I have started the process to register a business name so that we
can open a bank account..and as per the Linux Australia requirements
for the sponsorship/support, LinMagAu will be accounting directly
to LA for the use of this money.

Any suggestions are always great.

Thanks
Kimberly Shelt