[Linux-aus] SCO suspends it's Linux distribution

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Fri May 16 06:54:01 UTC 2003

Leon Brooks <leon at cyberknights.com.au> wrote:

After inserting their favourite toy into a legal meat grinder up the the
hilt, SCO complicate matters by shooting themselves in the foot.

I don't get it. What's going on there behind the scenes?
<<

You think it's confusing - imagine how *I* feel: I do work under contract
for IBM, I'm a Caldera OpenLearning certified Master Instructor, and worst
of all, I'm a SCO shareholder. I would have dumped the stock ages ago,
except for some US IRS paperwork I forgot to file with eTrade, and now the
stock is worth so little, it's worth more to me to hold onto it for the
dubious satisfaction of being a disgusted SCO shareholder.

I don't think SCO has a friend in the world, at this point. I know
companies who have migrated from SCO unix to Linux (specifically, Red Hat),
and I'll bet some of their biggest customers, who were undoubtedly
considering the same move, have brought forward their planning.

With respect to their statements of the last few days: I've never seen an
entire corporation foaming at the mouth before.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]