[Linux-aus] Hardware Sponsorship for Hungry Hacker

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 20 10:45:55 UTC 2003

Jeff Waugh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>For a long time it seems, Linux Australia has wanted to get involved in
>support of Open Source developers in Australia. I'm hoping that the new
>committee is also interested in working on this, and I'd like to offer a
>test case of sorts. :-)

This particular request looks like a good idea.  Does LA have a policy
on this?  Guidelines to weed out frivolous requests and help projects
put forward proposals/ requests?  If LA decides to respond to requests
like this how do we ensure the hard won funds are not frittered away?
 Should there be a formal budget for this sort of thing or just offer
financial (or other) support on an ad hoc basis?

Regards,
Tim Bowden