[Linux-aus] Spam Happens

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Mar 11 20:56:02 UTC 2003

Tom,

> Spam like that other 's' word happens. Perhaps if we just ignore it

If that was a reply to me you've broken the thread. I am going to assume
that it was. I don't suppose you happen to have an answer to my real
question in [ ] which was basically is there an intellignet, eg Bayesian
filter thingo, that people have experience with and use on this list.

I happen to get at least 400 e-mails over about 5 hours so no matter
what I do I tend to get some spam. Spamassassin zaps most of it. The
only spam I talk about is spam that gets past it.

Seeing that some list administrators won't close the subscription list
to lists I have to rely on other tools, eg spamassassin, to shunt the
spam sideways. Which I do...I don't know if my X-Spam-Headers carry
across a "reply" but I am using it. I'm simply asking for a way to avoid
the spam on this list seeing that noone else seems to be saying
something about it (except maybe Bret).

I won't ignore what my current tools don't. That's the whole POINT of
using spam zapping tools...

;-P