[Linux-aus] Microsoft bashing (was/is: Get Over It?)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Mar 6 11:56:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 10:02 am, Bret Busby wrote:
> So, is this a Linux Australia list, or, is this a Microsoft-bashing
> list?

This list is what you make of it.

> Is Linux Australia about Linux, or about Microsoft-bashing?

It is about Linux, and part of this is about defending Linux from the
depradations of a particular enormous, hungry and doomed corporation. The
only reason you don't see (for example) `Sun-bashing' or `Intel-bashing'
posts so much is because they don't try so hard to hurt Linux.

You appear to interpret any post that speaks of Microsoft in less than glowing
terms as `bashing', but really if we're to prevail in the face of their
constant barrage of dirty or underhanded tactics (like outright lies, or a
`survey' which is really advertising) we do have to discuss those and keep
informed about them, and this is an appropriate forum for that.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia