[Linux-aus] Microsft a Reality? Get Over It?? - A followup

Brent Wallis brent.w at infosynergy.com.au
Thu Mar 6 06:39:02 UTC 2003

Hi All,
I feel I should followup on a previous post where I agreed with the stance that we should be "working with MS", that in the end, there is value in doing so, providing their new "open and honest" "warm and furry" stance at the NOIE conferences was genuine.

Well, "angry Steve" just can't help himself I suppose, if this recent Australian IT article is anything to go by:
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,6069416%5E15316%5E%5Enbv%5E15306,00.html

A quote:
"...I'm sure we can out-innovate and deliver sort of a better solution than the work of a bunch of unco-ordinated hobbyists.."
(there are some more gems....worth a read if you haven;t already...)
and the intent of the article, indicating a forthcoming advertisng campaign, would seem to indicate that their presence here the last few weeks really was just a cynical exercise designed to gather ammunition.

Ah well, I suppose I should follow my instincts more closely. I really hope the "feel" of this campagn will hold true to Steves comments,
it would be a terrific opportunity for us to accelerate our acceptance in corporate Australia don't you think?
We would not have to do anything really, just carry on with the same robust installs and function, disseminate information on each success story,  let the reality shine through..:)

Comments?
BW