[Linux-aus] [SLUG] Reaction: SCO case: Australian LUGs says it's a storm in a teacup

Jan Schmidt jan at slug.org.au
Tue Jun 24 11:04:02 UTC 2003

Sam,

In your article
(http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/23/1056220519703.html),
you state that "The Sydney, Canberra and Adelaide user groups did not
bother to respond."

We (the SLUG committee) are curious as to what attempt you made to
elicit a response from our user group - none of the members of our
committee are aware of you making any request for comment.

The SLUG website has a contacts page indicating that the best method
of getting our attention is the committee email address
(committee at slug.org.au). To avoid future issues, we've augmented this
with a press contact which you can use in the future - press at slug.org.au

We feel that your statement "did not bother to respond" is misguided,
given that you do not appear to have tried to contact any of us via
the widely advertised committee email address, and you do not appear
to have attempted to contact our public officer or secretary.  This
statement is, on the very best reading, too strongly worded.

The Age normally displays a higher level of professionalism and
impartiality than this.

Yours sincerely,
The SLUG committee.
Jan Schmidt                                  jan at slug.org.au