[Linux-aus] Suggestion for the 'lugs' list

Pia Smith greebo at pacific.net.au
Tue Jun 3 22:20:42 UTC 2003

Hi all,

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 20:04, Stewart Smith wrote:
> This is also my vision for the lugs list. Maybe in an email out to all
> the LUG people (who have responded to me saying that their LUG is
> active) I'll point this out and ask them to join it so that we can have
> wider communication between LUGs (and LA).

It's certainly my vision for the LUG list as well. A lot is left up to
the committee in heaps of the LUGs I've seen, and a lot of effort is
replicated. We'll bring it up in the next committee meeting, but I can't
see any arguments against using the LUG list in this way. I am also
looking at putting up a resource link from linux.org.au for LUGs to
either put or link help docos, and resources ("HOWTO run an
installfest", "How to start a LUG", talks, etc). I'll post up info about
that to the LUG list and to here.

Pia