[Linux-aus] Re: Proposal for Linux Australia funding: CD duplication

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Jul 23 06:23:46 UTC 2003

<quote who="Stewart Smith">

> We didn't believe the volume of CDs would justify the cost of the machine.
> But, we would be happy for coordination to happen (possibly LA
> facilitated) between groups interested in duplication so that people get
> the advantage of bulk pricing. Hopefully this is an acceptable resolution
> and again, sorry for the delay.

Another point, which other groups may like to consider: It's always good to
support and involve local small business. So rather than trying to DIY every
task, look around for direct sponsorship from local business, or if you can
pay for their services with indirect sponsorship (sponsorship may mean entry
price or things like that too, not just begging for money!).

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

    "The only people still using Microsoft IIS are those who don't even
                     know it's there." - Larry Ellison