[Linux-aus] Debian 10th birthday celebrations (was Re: next meeting)

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sun Jul 20 17:04:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 05:43:50PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Why is it a poor showing? A bunch of interested people are having some
> fun... Great!

What I meant was that out of a best guess of ?thousand linux folks
spread across this country, where Debian seems to be the flavour of
the month, (given the hits we get on LinMagAu with Jonathans articles)
it seems "to me" a poor showing with so few events are organised
when we are so close to the date ?

> > Will LA will not be doing anything nationally?
>
> What sort of things could LA do? LA doesn't have local presence to put on
> parties and such, that's up to the local communities around Australia. We
> can encourage all we want, but we can't make people do things. :-) Maybe
> some "Congratulations Debian" marketing? Not sure that sounds like LA's kind
> of thing, though.

Stewart raised the suggestion of LA doing something..
He said something along the lines of "marketing assistance", raising
awareness of Debian etc ?

> Suggestions? I'm not sure how much LA can really facilitate here...

So noted.. just doing my usual chase up of threads that have died
each month.. most folks who come up with ideas, usually get a followup
from me much like this, to see what happened, and if we (LinMagAu) can
assist.

Thanks for the input
Kimberly Shelt
--