[Linux-aus] Minutes - 20030517 Summary (Face to Face meeting)

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Thu Jul 3 21:25:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:39:27PM +1000, Pia Smith wrote:
> _real_ information from the community. How would you feel about writing
> up a survey and we could distribute it? Maybe LinMagAu could have a poll
> of this flavour in its next edition (no collating of info, easy to fill
> out, would rock way hard :) Kim? If we do the work how would linmagau
> feel about this.

LinMagAu is up for this.. no problems.. I will start building the
poll setup.. pretty easy to do.. Bret are you going to do the questions?

> It would also be good to get some numbers about what distros people use,
> the knowledge base in Australia, amount of people who get paid to work
> in OSS as opposed to those who don't get paid for their contributions,
> favourite certifications if any, etc.

So now you want 2(or more) polls :)..sheesh give them an inch :)

Do we want to do a major survey that has many areas of questions?
Ie Cert, Distro, Paid or not, Member of LUG or not? :)

If so we should look at building a big survey along the lines
of previous say "lucent" like surveys..

If we are happy to go with lots of little ones I can run at least
a couple next month ?  We could run a bunch of smaller ones with
the option for people to do 1 or all or any number in between?

Is there anyone else out there who has suggestions ?

> Definately food for thought.

Chomp :)
Kim
--