[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jan 31 17:16:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Robert Thomson wrote:

> Linux Australia's AGM was held tonight at Linux.conf.au in Perth.
>
> A new committee was elected in, and is as follows.
>
> President
>     Pia Smith of NSW
> Vice President
>     Stewart Smith of VIC
> Secretary
>     Andrew Cowie of NSW
> Treasurer
>     Anand Kumria of NSW (former Treasurer & President)
> Ordinary Members
>     Hugh Blemmings of ACT
>     Leon Brooks of WA
>     Andrew Tridgell of ACT
>
> We've plenty of fresh blood, and I'm sure great things will be achieved
> for Linux in Australia with this new bunch.  Welcome to all.
>
> Keep an eye on the website (http://www.linux.org.au/) for news.
>
> Cheers,
>     Robert

Without knowing exactly the purpose, membership, or constitution of
Linux Australia, from the makeup of the committee, if NSW/ACT
representation is removed, there are only two members left (of the
seven); Victoria and WA, in terms of states/territories.

Perhaps, the new committee could review the constitution, in terms
of themakeup of the committee, in terms of one representative position
for each state/territory, so as to balance the representation.

It is not that I have anything against any of the committee members - I
hardly know them - but to me, my suggestion makes it more
representative of the Australian federation, and therefore, it would
make Linux Australia a more representative body, and therefore, its
actions would be more likely to involve the interests of the whole of
the country.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale