[Linux-aus] Hiya

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Tue Jan 14 07:58:24 UTC 2003

Hi Bret:

I can understand (although I do not share) your concerns. Perhaps you
would be interested to know that Mailman allows you to opt-out of such
lists in the Subscription options page? (See [1] below for what I mean.)

I would also point out: first, that the mailing list does indicate that
the list is available to subscribers[2] - although this note is easily
overlooked and could be more obvious; and second, that this mode of
operation is not at all uncommon for public discussion mailing lists.

Regards,

Raymond

your email address next to the Edit Options button. Once you have the
options page change the option 'Conceal yourself from subscriber list?' to
yes, enter your password in the field below, and click 'Submit My
Changes'.

[2] First paragaph under the heading 'List Subscribers' says 'The
subscribers list is only available to the list members.' at
http://lists.linux.org.au/listinfo/linux-aus

---
raymond at humbug.org.au