[Linux-aus] Funding a real job database

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Feb 17 12:50:01 UTC 2003

<quote who="Leon Brooks">

> Put it this way: would the Department of Premier and Cabinet be keen on
> hiring somebody from perkypants.org? Even cyberknights.com.au is a
> luck-pushing name in this kind of field. Yet in terms of getting things
> done, the president of SLUG and `worse-half'-of-LA-Prez must be at least a
> reasonable choice.

Sure, I grok, but I would strongly suggest that these issues should be of
little to no importance to Linux Australia. :-)

If someone wants to start a consultants coalition or whatever [1], then to
Linux Australia, they ought to be on exactly the same playing field as any
other vendor. LA can be there to say "Sure, we have support and vendors here
in Australia, never fear", and that's a huge win in itself.

- Jeff

[1] Which I've been interested in for some time, but there's never quite
enough time amongst everything else to do it... The curse of small business.

--
                    Mangoes are nature's edible orgasm.