[Linux-aus] job database

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sat Feb 15 16:16:42 UTC 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 03:48:43PM +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> May I suggest that we use Mojolin (Australia) http://au.mojolin.com/

I checked the site just now.. and see the following :(
Currently,
there are 1 jobs (0 today) and 1342 resumes (2 today) live on the system

> Jobs wanted and offered are already included, and it would be easy for the
> Linux Aus site to put it up without creating a database and front end etc
> from scratch.

Agreed, but if the above figures are indicative of the usage of
these pages, I don't see it will help the job seekers much :(

> Also, it will be then a one stop shop if Aus Linux and UNIX people are
> interested looking outside of Australia for jobs, and dare I say people.

Nice idea, however they (the Mojolin) folk will have to do something
to encourage companies with jobs to offer to post, else it won't work
local or otherwise.

They also state in their Affiliate Program..
"Currently, Mojolin is still absolutely free and therefore, no money changes hands. Until we starting charging for our services, all percentages are to be considered a percentage of $0.00 (IE, 25% of $0.00 equals $0.00). Having stated that, we do not believe it will be very long before we start charging for our services."

I don't think recreating the wheel is a bad idea for Linux Aust, if the
available wheel designs are not working that well :)

Regards
Kim