[Linux-aus] LA in Brazilian news (thanks Enrico Zini)

Brendan O'Dea bod at debian.org
Mon Feb 10 04:31:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 10:18:06AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
>http://www.softwarelivre.rs.gov.br/index.php?menu=mais_noticias2&cod=1044489042&tab=1
>[...] For Smith, the technology industry still very is dominated by the men but
>"because it has sexism but does not only have enough women in YOU".

>I think that last sentence in particular could do with a bit of polishing...

"It's [the IT industry] quite male-dominated, Smith said.  I think it
isn't that people are sexist in IT, it is just because not that many
females are getting into IT".
  -- http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/os/story/0,2000024997,20271565,00.htm

I suspect that acronyms don't fare well in the translation process.

--bod