[Linux-aus] Change of list functions

Pia Smith president at linux.org.au
Sat Feb 8 15:28:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,

There has a been a fair cross over of topics on the mailing lists. In
order to save repetition, or people missing out, here is a breakdown of
changes to the mailing lists:

The LUG list would be well suited to catering to the needs of LUGs
specifically, so all LUG specific threads are to be made there. All LUGs
around Australia would probably benefit from having at least one
committee member/interested member on this list as hopefully it should
be a good device for increasing LUG communication, support and
consolidation.

The linux-aus list is for Linux Australia specific comments/suggestions,
ideas for projects and generally the building of LA. We welcome all
feedback from people, as we have a fairly huge task on our hands :)

The allies list is for education specific discussion. We have had
discussions about education going across all lists, when it would be
more beneficial to keep it to one list.

The vendors list is currently a fairly dormant list. If there were
people interested in speaking about professional issues, business
topics, vendor specific issues, please join this list.