[Linux-aus] Country-wide communication

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Feb 7 10:46:09 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:48:02AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell scrawled:
> On Fri,  7 Feb 2003 07:46:26 +101800 michaeld at senet.com.au wrote:
> > Yeah sure, didn't the Canberra OzLabs guys write an on-line voting system? :)
>
> No (We are not insane ... :-))

I do remember some Canbrerrians working on something similar, but it
wasn't proper online voting: it was in-person voting, using computers,
transmitting the results over the wire, yielding a virtually
instantaneous result.

I've been severely hampered by 5-6 hours of homework per night, but my
proposal so far uses GnuPG, and a few other funky things. I'll hopefully
have a draft up on the weekend.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne