[Linux-aus] Thanks for the fish!

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Feb 5 20:49:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 08:21 pm, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> On the last night of the conference, a very tipsy but quite serious Mike
> Beattie said he'd like to try it (if the idea of hosting LCA in NZ was
> kosher).

NZ and AU both have pieces of legislation, long ago enacted, which regard NI
and SI as states of Australia. This is, I feel, all of the *technical*
justification you'd need to hold LCA in NZ.

Also, I guess the difference in price between a flight PER->WEL is not
noticeably different from one PER->SYD, PER->MEL or PER->BNE.

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia
http://linux.org.au/~leonb/lca2003/  THE Oz Linux Technical Conf: