[Linux-aus] Bret's geographical issue solved

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Feb 4 21:59:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 05:17 pm, Bret Busby wrote:
> If I, with email, can have conversations with people overseas, with my
> limited Linux skills, then I expect alot better of the committee,
> especially with the WA committee member's skills. That is not a
> criticism of that person. He has skills, that could be put to use, to
> achieve an absence of logistic problems in meetings.

"I will protect you. I will protect you. I will protect you." (-:

> I do not particularly want the committee representative from WA,
> to represent this state, and he certainly appears to represent
> other than what I want,

Welcome to the republic!

If you were in my place, would you do what I wanted? Why?

> but, he is the only person from WA, who is a committee member.

Well, you got a better deal than Queensland or Tassie. (-:

I thought you'd just finished saying that the Internet offered a lot more
possibilities than a ring-around? Here's a bright idea, just to show you that
your WA rep is indeed on the ball and can do stuff besides Google on `Bret
Busby' and browse through the email archives... "If I, with email, can have
conversations with people [even] overseas" then:

    Why not address your concerns through a different Committee member?

That's one reason why we have seven of them. Just don't alienate them all, and
you should be right. (-:

By the way, what _are_ your concerns? Do you have anything you've not voiced
yet, or is this one of those "in principle" questions?

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia
http://linux.org.au/~leonb/lca2003/  THE Oz Linux Technical Conf: