[Linux-aus] Finances

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue Feb 4 14:54:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:27:55PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Is LA registered for the GST?

I did the treasury stuff for last year's l.c.a, and we just managed to
come in under the non-profit threshold by a slim, but safe margin. From
what I've heard, this year's conference was running out on the "safe"
part, and may even have crossed the line. Given l.c.a is growing each
year, and that the ctte wants to do stuff itself, I don't think there's
much choice about registering for GST. (Well, l.c.a could be separated
from LA, as it is largely independent; but even that won't last for very
long, IMO)

HTH.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''