[Linux-aus] Representation: remote vote, face2face meetings

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Feb 3 15:40:01 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 February 2003 09:43 am, Robert Thomson wrote:
> A formalised method for voting (including
> absentee voting) would be nice, too,

Signed email voting after IRC discussion?

> as I'm given the impression it was a tad ad hoc this year.

Blame Rusty for that. I know I am. (-:

> As far as ferrying committee members around the country just for face
> to face committee meetings - I certainly hope not.  I'm certain they
> can function online & via the phone just fine.

For many things, yes. There may be legal impediments in the case of statuatory
requirements (he says, writing from the world's most isolated city).

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia
http://linux.org.au/~leonb/lca2003/  THE Oz Linux Technical Conf: