[Linux-aus] Representation

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Feb 3 15:34:53 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 February 2003 08:23 am, Andrew Anderson wrote:
> I believe that requiring regional (including the region of NSW)
> representation is a bad thing (I'm Victorian).  How do you select your
> regions?  Population? Geographical area? Number of linux users? Number of
> linux vendors? Number of dollars spent on Linux? Number of computers that
> could run linux?  What if there is no-one in a particular region who's up
> to the task, or if no-one is really interested, or if a particular region
> has a number of interested people?

You forget gender balance, age balance, inclusion of people who don't
understand connector standards, race and religion, an appropriate
environmental policy, and a Microsoft representative. (-:

In short, point taken. Is LA here to do stuff for Linux in Australia, or be
the model of political correctness?

Cheers; Leon

http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia