[Linux-aus] state distributions

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 09:38:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:15:41PM +0800, Leon Brooks scrawled:
> I think it's useful to have a rep in the state LA is registered in (NSW), the
> most populous state (NSW), and Australia's capital (ACT). IIRC, NSW law
> requires that LA's Public Officer reside in or very near (100km?) NSW, and
> it's convenient that Public Officer and Secretary be one person (waves to
> Andrew Cowie).

Which is, to be blunt, a pain in the arse. No slight to Andrew (I'm not
suggesting that he's in any unfit to serve the job), but this limits who
our public officer can be to a small subset of who may be the "best" for
the job.

*sigh*.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne