[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Feb 2 22:15:10 UTC 2003

<quote who="David Lloyd">

> This sort of ridiculous comment, made by the one and only Bret Busby [who
> seems content to be significantly negative], that keeps people away from
> organisations.
>
> And the winning comment is:
>
> > > She [Pia Smith] couldn't be much more alienating than what we've seen
> > > so far.
>
> I think I shall file this thread under "the most stupid, negative, useless
> thread" I have ever read. Or the "how to be as unconstructive as I
> possibly can" thread.

That was actually AJ, and it read negatively but fairly reasonable in the
context of what he was saying. :-)

(I don't think this thread has been a waste of time, but we haven't really
got to the bottom of the problem before getting narky. Perhaps it's time to
recap and renew.)

- Jeff

--
      "But in the software world, that's daily business." - Kent Beck
     "That's pissing money away and leaving scar tissue." - Alan Cooper