[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Feb 2 20:00:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Jacqueline McNally wrote:

> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:44:45 +0800
> From: Jacqueline McNally <jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au>
> To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held
>

> > > <quote who="Bret Busby">

> Bret, I was one of the locals that attended the Linux Australia AGM.
> Admittedly, I was one of the LCA2003 delegates but I consider that if you
> were interested in contributing to Linux Australia you would of been there.
> Most people examining the Linux.conf.au programme would of seen the
> scheduled meeting. Also, Pia had posted to various lists, including PLUG to
> engender interest, for example, setting up the LUG email discussion list.
>
> What I saw at the AGM was many many people putting their heads up and
> stepping forward to be part of the Linux Australia Committee. I thought
> this was great. Each presented a mini biography and why they thought they
> were the best candidate. It was heartening to see.

Could we have that quantified, please, for those of us who did not
attend?

How many nominated for each of the positions; the office-bearers and the
ordinary committee member positions?

As I previously said, regarding the organisation, communication would be
good, and, quantities of nominees for each of the committee positions,
would be a good start.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale