[Linux-aus] NOIE Open Source Software Seminar

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sat Feb 1 21:30:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 06:09:27PM +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> I noticed that you had two new committee members that are based in Canberra.
>
> It may be worthwhile for Linux Australia to be represented at:
> http://www.noie.gov.au/projects/egovernment/Better_Infrastructure/oss.htm

Unfortunately, as mentionedly previously, the Federal Government
typically only recognises _one_ organisation as the representative for
non-commercial interests.

In this case they have selected AUUG as representative of the Open
Source interests. I've no doubt that the many dedicated people on AUUG
will be doing what they can for Free Software / Open Source - probably
the best thing we can do is to be available should they have specific
questions regarding Linux.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never