[Linux-aus] NZ firm puts Linux on desktops

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Aug 26 09:58:02 UTC 2003

<quote who="Leon Brooks">

> > One advantage we do have in trying to make this pitch, is that with
> > the various front-ends which we have available on Linux, it is
> > possible to use them all to interest different firms, much like using
> > different baits effective in catching differing fish.
>
> Agree.

This is one of the major reasons why, so far, everyone's still being very
polite, and companies like Red Hat are shipping both. :-)

- Jeff

    "It's like having someone say to you, 'You should get back together
     with your first wife. You guys were good together'. It's not that
                  simple." - David Byrne on Talking Heads