[Linux-aus] Computerworld: Linux 'not ready' for enterprise IT

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Tue Aug 12 11:18:01 UTC 2003

Indy,

> (On this rationale I could have equally said in a previous job:
> "Only Windows is Enterprise ready because $APP my enterprise needs
> is only supported on Windows." I'm sure Mr. Whyte would scoff at
> such a statement.)

Now that's an optimistic statement. The response from a lot of management
would be "Buy Windows then!". IT (or ICT) people are basically only seen
when something goes wrong. Throwing money at IT and thereby making the
"problem" go away, albeit in a most unreasonable and inefficient manner,
actually works.

DSL

--
Microbits Linux Technician