[Linux-aus] Dear Kieran

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Aug 11 11:03:01 UTC 2003

This morning, I picked up my indestructible little Nokia 6250 and
dialled 0419660016 and had a little chat with Mr O'Shaughnessy about
when/if he was going to get back to me with a licence price. He'd
forwarded my emails to the legal crew in the US, he says (without
acknowledging receipt at all, never mind) and as yet got no answer. For
some odd reason, he seemed inclined to believe that they were fairly
busy at the moment.

I mentioned that yes, the unofficial news sites had recently picked up
on some interesting clauses in Novell's part of the contract and this
would probably make them even busier. Kieran's tone got decidedly less
bantering at that point, although I must say that his business "face"
didn't otherwise waver (which considering the depth of the change in
voice tone was impressive).

We're back to waiting, it seems, but if my reading of Kieran's response
is at all indicative, TSG really, really don't want Novell's handle on
the situation made public. Which of course is a cue for those opposing
him to make free with list, blog and UseNet spamming. Con, would you
please have a word in Sam's ear, if you haven't already?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia