[Linux-aus] A Different Subject

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Wed Apr 16 13:36:02 UTC 2003

Hmmm...

> You're replying to spam on the public mailing list, which is
> completely unnecessary.

The message I sent was related to, but not in reply to, the spam.

> I would happily classify your
> smart-arse response as a complaint

You consider it smart-arse. That's fine from my point of view. I won't
judge what you say in such terms.

> Meanwhile, I'm not even seeing the spam because I'm doing something
> about it locally, and have offered to help with cleaning it up at the
> server level a number of times.

Fair enough; and most of the time I don't see the spame either. However,
I am seriously thinking that suggesting that if any e-mail comes through
from "linux-aus" to add something like 0.2 or 0.3 to my spamassassin.

> If you have a problem with the spam, get off the list. Please just
> refrain from acting like a dickhead in front of the rest of us just
> because you feel the need to be a smart arse instead of doing
> something productive about it.

LOL

You have:

 1) at least labelled what I have said as being "smart"
 2) accused me of being a "smart-alec" or "smart-arse"
 3) accused me of acting "like a dickhead"

I'll let you have your point of view, but I will not defend it nor will
I agree to it.

DSL