[Linux-aus] Discussion Starter

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Tue Apr 1 10:00:02 UTC 2003

Jeff,

> > - be submitted to committee at linux.org.au
>
> Maybe change that to linux-aus?

Alternatively we could have a more public, but less chatty process. How
about:

 * A person/group approaches the committee
 * Committee discuss
 * Committee minutes say something like:

Approached by X for Y
Approved/Not Approved pending member comments

 * Committee ratifies member's decision at next meeting

Obviously this puts a delay of about a month in the process. That needs
to be taken into consideration. The members could agree that if the
sponsorship is less than $500 [and it's not obviously 4 requests of $500
from a single organisation to avoid the members] then the committee can
make the decision.

That's how a lot of organisations I've worked with function. The members
don't want to be bothered with spending the $20 on stamps, $50 for the
new staff member's stationery and so forth so they say "Up to an amount
(eg $500 or $5000 depending on the organisation) then the
committee/admin can spend it as though it were petty cash and provide a
[quarterly/monthly/yearly/some regular period] summary report"...

DSL