[Linux-aus] Re: isn't it time to use a spam filter for this list?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 27 08:04:01 UTC 2002

I'd imagine owner-linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au or
linux-aus-owner at lists.linux.org.au. Maybe you should ask them.

| Why are non-subscribers allowed to post to it?

Dunno - I usually block nonsubscribers on my own lists.

| Why aren't anti-spam (and anti-virus) mechanisms being used?

Mailman doesn't ship with any in stock form.

| Do I have to unsubscribe to stop the crap that has been coming from
| this mailing list?

Dunno. I just looked, and this is the only linux-aus message in my UNIX
folder.  Maybe my spam filter (bogofilter) has shuffled everything else
off for me already:-)

| If I do unsubscribe, it probably won't be any great loss... this
| list appears to be dead anyway.

If everyone's like you (and me) i.e. lurkers, then it will certainly look
that way.