[Linux-aus] Hiya

Brendan O'Dea bod at debian.org
Fri Dec 13 08:46:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 05:14:55PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
[...]
>Whilst the open source movement, and Linux, are supposed to involve a
>certain rebel elemnt, the violation of list subscribers' privacy, and,
>the clear approval of spamming, resulting from that policy, apart from
>the spamming that occurs via the list, are not what I regard as
>consistent with the respect for people, that I personally would have
>attributed to the open source movement, which (supposedly), was
>(emphasised, was, until this) supposed to be about protecting the
>interests of the little people.

"Clear approval of spamming?"  Sheesh, get a grip.

Practically all mailing lists and newsgroups are archived publicly.  It
is less common to have the subscriber list available, but from the
perspective of spam it hardly makes a difference once you've posted
anything.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Bret+Busby%22
  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Bret+Busby%22

--bod