[Lias] Re: [acscomputers] Google rewrites?

Daniel Palmer DanielPalmer at tcs.act.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 07:23:01 UTC 2005

>Paul Gear wrote:
>> Jason Parlevliet wrote:
>> rewrite google {
>>         s@(google.com/search.*q=.*)@\1\&safe=strict at i
>>         s@(google.com/images.*q=.*)@\1\&safe=strict at i
>>         s@(google.com/groups.*q=.*)@\1\&safe=strict at i
>>         s@(google.com/news.*q=.*)@\1\&safe=strict at i
>>         log google
>> }
>>
>> and then 'rewrite google' later on in the acl section, but
>> this is producing the following error in syslog:
>>
>> squid[12164]: urlParse: Illegal character in hostname
>'www.\1\&safe=strict'
>
>That looks to me like the substitution isn't happening, but i'm not
sure - the regex looks fine to me.

>Can any of the LIAS folks offer a suggestion?

Looking at the squidGuard conf - it rewrites the whole URL so you prob
want something more like
s@(google.com/search.*)@http://www.google.com/search\1\&safe=strict@i -
but as Paul said - it doesn't look like the substitution is taking
place.  I haven't played with this part of squidguard :-S

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and/or privileged. This email and any attachments are intended to be read only by the person named above. If the reader of this email and any attachments is not the intended recipient, or a representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this email and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email and any attachments in error, please notify the sender by email, telephone or fax and return it to the sender at the email address above.