[Lias] Re: [acscomputers] Google rewrites?

Paul Gear pgear at redlands.qld.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 11:00:02 UTC 2005

John Summerfield wrote:
> I'm looking at it because we're looking at content filtering here (and
> I'm probably causing mayhem in the classroom, having blocked
> mousebreaker & other games sites, teenchat and assorted other chat sites
> etc.

Oh, the power!  :-)

> It looks to me that a basic Perl script akin to that given in FAQ15 (or
> even sed) will do the job. Either can be piped into squidGuard to allow
> it to do its thing.
> Comments?

Seems like a bit of a waste when it's what squidGuard is supposed to do
well...  :-)

What about a redirect instead?  Could we just put
	redirect %u&safe=strict
in a section that bans all google traffic with a match like
	(google.*\?)
?

--
Paul Gear, Manager IT Operations, Redlands College
38 Anson Road, Wellington Point 4160, Australia